Do you ever find yourself gazing in wonder at celebrities, Instagram models, or even your friends who seem to have the most unbelievably voluminous and fluttery lashes? Are you tired of comparing your sparse, almost invisible lashes with their almost too-good-to-be-true looking ones? What if I told you that you, too, can come close to having the enviably stunning eyelashes without using filters or spending hours applying coats of mascara? Let me introduce you to the beautiful world of eyelash extensions, especially the luxurious lash services offered at Perth Nails! With a talented team of lash technicians,Perth Nails ensures that you get the best quality, customized lash extensions that suit your style and personality, while keeping your natural lashes healthy. However, it doesn’t just end there; proper aftercare plays a vital role in the longevity and health of your extensions as well as your natural lashes. So, let’s dive into the essential aspects of eyelash extension aftercare that you need to know to maintain those fabulous, fluttery eyelashes at Perth Nails.
1. Introduction to Eyelash Extensions atPerth Nails
At Perth Nails, we pride ourselves in offering top-quality eyelash extensions to our clients, tailored to their individual preferences and needs. Our skilled and experienced technicians consider factors such as eye shape, natural lash length, and the desired look while using a variety of materials like synthetic silk and mink to provide the best results. In this guide, we will briefly introduce you to the process of getting eyelash extensions at Perth Nails and provide essential aftercare tips to ensure your extensions remain in excellent condition for an extended period. Stick with us as we walk you through the exciting world of eyelash extensions and help you make an informed decision for your beauty enhancements.
2. Types of Eyelash Extensions
Choosing the right type of eyelash extension is essential for maintaining their appearance and ensuring they last longer. There are two main types of eyelash extensions: classic and volume.
Classic eyelash extensions involve attaching one extension to each natural lash for a natural and subtle look. These are lighter and easier to maintain, so they require minimal aftercare.
Volume eyelash extensions, on the other hand, involve creating a fan of several extensions that are then attached to one natural lash. This results in a fuller and more voluminous appearance, but they are slightly heavier and require more aftercare.
After getting your extensions done, the first step in their maintenance is to keep your lashes dry for at least 24 hours. Avoid activities like swimming or using steam rooms or saunas, as moisture can weaken the bond between the extensions and your natural lashes.
Next, make sure to use only water-based and eyelash extension-approved makeup removers, cleansers, and makeup. Oil, cream, or wax-based products can shorten the life of your extensions.
It is also important to clean your lash extensions daily using a foaming cleanser to prevent eye infections and maintain the overall health of your lashes. Gently brush your extensions with a clean spoolie after washing your face and blot them dry with a tissue.
When it comes to makeup application, avoid using eyelash curlers and exfoliants around the eye area. These can damage your extensions and cause them to fall out prematurely.
Lastly, refrain from rubbing, touching, or picking at your eyelash extensions, as this can damage them and even lead to natural lash loss. Remember to schedule maintenance appointments with your lash specialist every 2-3 weeks to maintain the fullness and appearance of your extensions.
3. Procedure for Applying Eyelash Extensions
Taking proper care of your eyelash extensions is essential to ensure they last longer and maintain a healthy look. Here’s a step-by-step guide to keeping your extensions in great condition:
1. Wait 48 hours before getting them wet: After the application, avoid showers, washing your face or exposing your eyelashes to water for the first 48 hours. This allows the glue to bond properly without becoming brittle or easily broken.
2. Clean your lash extensions every 3 days: To prevent residue buildup and potential eye infections, gently brush your extensions with a soft bristle brush, and then wash them using a special eyelash extension cleanser or distilled water.
3. Brush your lashes daily: Use a clean, dry spoolie to gently brush your eyelash tips every morning, supporting your lashes with a clean finger as you brush.
4. Avoid oil-based products: Keep away from oil-based eye creams and makeup removers, as they can weaken the glue and cause your extensions to fall out prematurely.
5. Skip mascara and powdery eyeshadows: Waterproof makeup, especially mascara, can soften the glue on your lash extensions. Instead, opt for water-based eyeliners and avoid powdery eyeshadows that can potentially get stuck in the glue.
6. Sleep on your back: Try not to sleep on your side or stomach, as this can crush your lashes and shorten their lifespan.
7. Don’t pick or try to remove the extensions yourself: This can lead to damage or breakage of your natural lashes.
8. Visit a professional for removal: When it’s time to take your extensions off, make sure to have a professional do so to avoid any damage. Following these steps diligently will help maintain the longevity and appearance of your eyelash extensions.
4. How do you shower with eyelash extensions?
Taking care of youreyelash extensions while showering is essential in maintaining their longevity and appearance. Here’s a simple guide on how to shower with eyelash extensions:
Firstly, avoid directing the showerhead at your face, as the force of the water can weaken the adhesive and damage your extensions. Instead, face away from the showerhead and allow the water to run down your back, ensuring your hair is still thoroughly washed.
Next, practice gentleness when washing your face. Instead of splashing water onto your face, cup the water in your hands and gently rinse using minimal pressure. This helps protect your lash extensions from any unnecessary strain.
Remember to monitor the water temperature, as hot water and steam can weaken the bond between your natural lashes and the extensions. Opt for a lukewarm shower to prevent any damage.
Lastly, always use oil-free products on your face and around your eyes to avoid degrading the eyelash adhesive over time. Utilize water-based and oil-free makeup removers and face washes to keep your lash extensions in their best condition.
5. What happens if I get my lash extensions wet before 24 hours?
Getting your lash extensions wet before the recommended 24 hours can sometimes lead to issues. However, with advancements in glue technology, this is not as problematic as it used to be. If you accidentally get your lashes wet within the first 24 hours, don’t panic. In some cases, there won’t be any adverse effects.
Firstly, assess the situation. If you notice any premature falling out of the extensions or the glue turning white, contact your lash technician and inform them of the situation. They may be able to offer a discounted touch-up appointment in a quiet time as a gesture of goodwill.
Next, make sure to closely follow the aftercare instructions provided by your technician. Keep your lashes away from steady streams of water, avoid rubbing your eyes, and use a gentle oil-free cleanser around the eye area.
In the future, always give your lash extensions the required time to bond and set with your natural lashes. Paying close attention to your aftercare routine will help ensure the longevity and health of your lash extensions.
6. What not to do with eyelash extensions?
Caring for your eyelash extensions is essential to maintain their longevity and appearance. To keep them looking fabulous, there are several things you should avoid doing.
Firstly, stay away from water and steam for the initial 24 hours after application. This allows the glue to dry fully, ensuring a strong bond between the extensions and your natural lashes. Once the 24 hours have passed, cleanse your lashes with a lash foam cleaner daily to prevent germ buildup.
When it comes to makeup, avoid using mascara, especially of the waterproof variety, as these can be difficult to remove without using an oil-based makeup remover. Stick to oil-free makeup removers to avoid weakening the glue holding your extensions in place.
Refrain from rubbing your eyes, as this not only transfers dirt and bacteria but also puts stress on the extensions, leading to premature fallout. If your eyes are itchy, gently massage your eyelids with your fingertips instead.
Sleeping on your back is also recommended over sleeping on your stomach or side, as this puts less pressure on the extensions and prevents them from becoming distorted or falling out.
Lastly, don’t forget to comb your lashes gently with a lash wand specifically designed for extension lashes, to keep them properly aligned and looking their best.
7. Can I wash my face with eyelash extensions?
Yes, you can wash your face with eyelash extensions, but it is essential to do so carefully and with the right technique to avoid damaging your lashes. Follow these steps to keep your skin clean and your extensions intact:
1. Remove makeup gently: Use a lint-free paper towel and an oil-free makeup remover to remove eye makeup. Avoid rubbing or making side-to-side motions. Press and hold the paper towel for a few seconds.
2. Choose oil-free products: Avoid using oil-based products on your face, as they can break the lash glue bond. Opt for oil-free cleansers specifically designed for sensitive skin.
3. Divide and conquer: Divide your face into two sections – cheekbones down and brow area up. Use a high-quality gel-based or water-based facial cleanser, gently massaging it onto your cheeks first, and then your forehead, chin, and neck.
4. Avoid splashing water: Instead of splashing water on your face, use a clean facial sponge or cloth to rinse your cleanser off, being extra careful around the eye area.
5. Dry face and lashes: Pat your face dry with a lint-free towel, avoiding the eye area. Gently dry your lashes using a blow dryer on a cool and low setting, taking care not to tug or pull on the lashes.
8. Conclusion and Additional Tips
In conclusion, eyelash extension aftercare is crucial to maintain the beauty and longevity of your eyelash extensions. To ensure your extensions look their best and last as long as possible, follow a consistent aftercare routine that includes gentle cleaning, grooming, and protection.
Some additional tips for eyelash extension aftercare include:
– Sleeping on your back or using a 3D-contoured sleep mask to prevent friction and protect your extensions while you sleep.
– Avoiding heat and steam, such as saunas and hot showers, as they can weaken the adhesive bond.
– Avoiding tugging or pulling on your extensions, which can cause damage to your natural lashes and extensions.
– Scheduling regular refill appointments every two weeks to keep your lash line looking full and fresh.
– Consulting with your lash stylist for any concerns or questions about your aftercare routine.
By following these guidelines and investing in proper aftercare, you can enjoy the beauty and benefits of your eyelash extensions without compromising the health and natural growth of your lashes.
9. Perth Nails: Your Go-To Salon for Eyelash Extensions
As a regular visitor of Perth Nails, I can confidently say that they are my go-to salon for eyelash extensions. The skilled technicians at Perth Nails ensure that your eyelash extensions not only look fabulous but also last for an extended period with proper aftercare.
First and foremost, avoid getting your lashes wet for 48 hours after application, as water can weaken the glue’s bond. After this initial period, gently cleanse your extensions every three days with a soft bristle brush, then rinse with lash extension cleanser or distilled water, allowing shower water to run down your face but avoid directly hitting the eyes.
Next, avoid using oil-based products near your extensions to prevent damage and opt for water-based, non-waterproof makeup. Sleeping on your back or side can help prolong the lifespan of your eyelash extensions, avoiding any crushing or extra stress on them.
Finally, it’s essential to book regular maintenance appointments at Perth Nails every two weeks to keep your lash line looking full and fabulous!